What you need to know about GIVETAXFREE.ORG
What you need to know about GIVETAXFREE.ORG
givetaxfree.org

Massachusetts Teen Dies After Eating Spicy Tortilla as part of Social Media Challenge, Autopsy Confirms [Video]

Categories
Emergency Medical Procedures

A Massachusetts teenager who participated in the “One Chip Challenge” died as a result of eating the spicy tortilla chip, an autopsy concluded.

The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner determined that Harris Wolobah of Worcester had ingested a high amount of a chili pepper extract.

Autopsy Confirmed Wolobah Died of Cardiac Arrest from Eating the Spicy Chip

As previously reported, the 14-year-old died on Sept. 1, 2023, prompting Chip maker Paqui to pull the product from store shelves days after his death.

Wolobah’s cause of death was listed as cardiopulmonary arrest “in the setting of recent ingestion of food substance with high capsaicin concentration.” He also had an enlarged heart and a congenital heart defect, the medical examiner found.

The teen’s mother, Lois Wolobah, told a local news outlet last year that she got a call from the school nurse at Doherty High School, saying Harris fainted after eating the chip …

Welcome to GIVETAXFREE.ORG - NON-PROFIT Crowdfunding Site
Welcome to GIVETAXFREE.ORG - NON-PROFIT Crowdfunding Site
givetaxfree.org